“People from the East Coast are rude.” “People from the East Coast are rude.” This statement serves as an illustration for which of the following abstraction problems? When I say “here, bring the drink,” I am breaking a(n) norm of our language. The grammatical characteristics of a language are governed by syntactic rules, which are rules of grammar. In a low-context language culture, you will see a decreased dependence on explicit verbal messages, which is a good thing. You informed Jimmy that I was not interested in going out with him.
Using language for distinct objectives is reported by men and women, respectively.
Which one is it?
When a speaker employs a forceful speech pattern to achieve short-term objectives, he or she may jeopardize long-term relationships.
- “I’m planning to devote two hours every day to my education.” Your youngsters are causing a commotion.
- Choose the statement that best shows a truth from the list below.
- Your essay lends credence to the notion that women are more prone than males to express their sentiments and discuss their relationships.
- In societies that place a high value on formality in language, the most essential thing to remember is to avoid using perfect grammar.
- Choose the definition of a successful college experience that is the least abstract from the rest of the list.
- Jim drafted me a letter in order to assist me in landing that job.
- Making an inference is a legitimate thing to do in a relationship, as long as the other person does not comprehend what you are saying.
The highest degree of succinctness in language is seen in societies where no more than one language is spoken.
Equivocal words are those that are capable of being understood in more than one manner.
Hall are intimate, personal, social, and public.
Students that were given interior home images correctly assessed that the residences did NOT express the aesthetic interests of the inhabitants, as was expected.
Althea is employing a nonverbal communication function known as facial expression.
When it comes to social interactions, the person with greater status is usually the one who seems more stiff and uptight, whilst the one with lesser status is usually the one who appears more relaxed.
Which of the following statements is accurate regarding the voice and communication, with the exception of one?
According to the study provided in your essay, physical contact and health are not linked.
Gina is displaying nonverbal communication in a positive way.
Amber is looking to close a deal.
The narrative “The Look of a Victim” in this chapter illustrates how victims of assault may position themselves as easy targets because of their appearance.
The patterns of eye contact are pretty stable across many civilizations, including our own.
According to Edward T.
Touch, in any of its forms, has the potential to be beneficial.
It is possible to transmit both negative and good emotions through touch.
A person’s emotions are most clearly shown in distinct portions of his or her face.
Women are more expressive in their speech.
Women tend to be closer to their companions.
Women are more likely than males to take the initiative in talks.
Women express themselves more expressively than males.
In most cases, directly facing someone indicates that you are interested in that individual.
Rather than saying “Yes,” Kenji nods his head up and down, a nonverbal action known as a swaying movement (n) According to deception research, deceivers are more likely to be discovered when they don’t have a strong emotional attachment to the facts they are concealing.
Nonverbal communication is defined entirely in your text as any sort of communication that is not represented via the use of words.
NOT We’re not nearly as adept at spotting deception as we believe we are.
“My boss continues making fun of me and saying that we should have an affair.
Occasionally, I believe him to be kidding, and at other times, I believe him to be making a serious offer.” “You appear to be concerned and perplexed since you are unsure if he is interested in you or not.” With the exception of one, all of the unsuccessful listening techniques addressed in the text are listed here.
- You run into a buddy at the store and inquire about his well-being.
- Which of the following is the best response to a helpful paraphrase question?
- According to your text, the majority of individuals make an effort to listen, but their efficacy is restricted mostly by biological reasons such as hearing loss.
- When someone comes to you with an issue, giving advice in a courteous and loving manner is always the greatest listening response you can give them.
- NOT We are able to speak at a rate that is two times quicker than the typical person’s listening speed.
- Which of the following is the most effective helpful paraphrasing response?
- “Wait a minute, that’s a bad idea!” “In other words, you are hoping that she would call, but you are unsure of what you will say if she does?” It is impossible to maintain effective listening skills all of the time.
- “It’s impossible for me to believe!
- It is possible that you were troubled by this language because you were exposed to this sort of noise.
refers to biological factors on the receipt of a message In accordance with this idea, which was expressed more than 2,500 years ago by Aristotle (Metzger, 1995), a person’s moral virtue should be located somewhere between two vices, with the midway point, or the mean, serving as the basis for a reasonable society.
- Nonverbal actions such as speaking pace and tone are examples of this.
- Words are symbolic representations of ideas.
- These “thought styles” are characterized by a preference for conventional techniques.
- People with this “mind style” are self-motivated and self-directed.
- Which of the following lists represents the correct order for the listing process?
- Based on your responses to the “What’s YOUR learning style?” inventory in the inventory resource book, your learning style (sensory preference) is classified as follows: Fethey are able to see problems clearly and delegate easily, as well as to work hard and play with enthusiasm.
- What record 4 letter code is generated based on the completion of the inventory according to Carl Jung and Isabel Myers-Briggs typology?
- This ethical system suggests that we should act as though we are an example to others.
information should be given to others in a noncoercive way so that they can make free and informed decisions they need to be able to “spread out”- both physically and psychologically- which generally implies encroaching to some degree on others, especially if they decide that something of someone else’s is going to become their next project they sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don’t understand or accept the concept of argument as sport many have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship but its usually not meant as manipulation they often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress and may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenselesswhen people view innocent comments as personal attacks or hostile criticismsignoring the nonverbal cues of a conversation and therefore its emotional content.
This listening is characterized by a lack of empathy failure to acknowledge important parts of the message because you would rather not deal with them typically, you listen to those parts of the message that interest youwhen people listen carefully to a message and then use the information later to attack the individualdefined by compulsive talkers who shift the focus of the conversation to themselves and monopolize encountersto pretend to listen by nodding our heads, by looking at the speaker, by smiling at the appropriate times, or by practicing other kinds of attention feigning according to our book, active listening is the type of listening response empathy is often accomplished through the skill of active listening, which calls for you to suspend your own responses for a while so you can concentrate on the other person these people communicate by touching and appreciate physically expressed encouragement, such as a pat on the back KINESTHETIC TACTUAL SENSORY/LEARNING STYLE these people sit where they can hear but needn’t pay attention to the activity AUDITORY SENSORY/LEARNING STYLE these people benefit from illustrations and presentations that use colorvisual sensory/learning style a score of 7 or above indicates that you are probably high in self-monitoring
Student showed shown interior home photos accurately identified that their homes communicated what
Tennyson is expressing his thoughts about the artist’s place in society, as well as the artist’s relationship to his or her own society. In order to defend your point of view, you should offer evidence from the poetry. It is recommended that you write at least one hundred words in response. Answers are as follows: 2 When a consumer is happy with a product and purchases it a second time, what is the secondary impact of the advertisement that occurred? Answers are as follows: 3 Two phrases from H.
- Answers are as follows: 3 Answer the question based on the paragraph you have read.
- Even after she won the lotto, her daily routine remained almost unchanged!
- round b dynamic c narrator d static a round b dynamic c narrator Answers are as follows: 3 Do you know what the correct answer is?
Questions in other subjects:
Chemistry, 12th of June, 2020, 17:57 Biology, 12th of June, 2020, 17:57 Biology, 12th of June, 2020, 17:57 12.06.2020, 17:57 UTC (English) 12.06.2020, 17:57 UTC (English) Biology, 12th of June, 2020, 17:57 Business, Friday, June 12, 2020 17:57 12.06.2020, 17:57 UTC, Mathematics 12.06.2020, 17:57 UTC, Mathematics 12.06.2020, 17:57 UTC (English)
Solved > 31.In nonverbal communication, studies of leakage:1418285 .
31.In nonverbal communication, investigations of leakage are concerned withA.inherent behavioral characteristics. B.illness-related behaviors C. Concerns about the environment. Signals of deceit (D). E.perceptions of one’s own disease 32.With the exception of one, all of the following statements are true concerning nonverbal communication. A.Nonverbal communication is universally understood across all cultural boundaries. B.Nonverbal communication can be used to counterbalance verbal communication in some situations.
D.When nonverbal cues and vocal messages are conveyed at the same moment, they are far more potent than either alone.
33.Nonverbal communication has a significant part in theA.transmission of emotional information.
Definition of the kind of relationships we desire to establish with other people (C).
E.Each and every one of these options is correct.
A shrug of the shoulders is given by Althea in answer to Nicole’s query.
36.To emphasize his point, the lawyer beat his fist against the table.
37.A shorter duration of time spent speaking is an indication of deceit.
C.there are more grammatical faults.
a higher range of voice tone.
38.Except for one of the following propositions, all of the following statements are true concerning nonverbal gender disparities.
B.Women take a closer position to one another.
D.Women are more prone than males to lean forward during a discussion.
When Gina stepped into the classroom and found Megan seated in the chair where she normally sat, she became irritated.
B.18 inches to 4 feet in length.
D.12 feet to a maximum of 25 feet.
Hall, personal distance ranges from A.0 to 18 inches.
C.4 feet to 12 feet in length.
E.25 feet and beyond are OK.
B.the tenseness of the homeowners.
Orientations toward one’s family.
In accordance with studies, which of the following claims regarding touch is correct: A meal server’s momentary touch on a customer’s shoulder may result in a larger tip for the server.
Students are twice as likely as non-participants to engage in class if they have gotten an encouraging touch on the back or arm from their instructor.
E.All of the statements in the preceding paragraph are correct.
44.Ernesto’s manager believes that he is untrustworthy since he takes a week to respond to a critical email message. This type of conduct is classified as A.paralanguage, which is a nonverbal category. B.chronemics. C.haptics. D.kinesics. E.proxemics.