Our Spooky-Good Guide to Disneyland Halloween Time 2021
Visiting Disneyland Resort during Halloween Time is a favorite activity for our Frog Family. It’s one of the most pleasant times of the year to travel here! Both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park have been decked up with Halloween decorations, banners, lights, characters dressed in costumes, frightening music, and other goodies to celebrate the holiday. (Seek out some Halloween Magic Shots from the PhotoPass photographers in order to receive some more unique treats!) Every year, Halloween Time begins around the middle of September and ends around Halloween.
(a good thing since we are all anxious tohopback after missing Halloween Time in 2020).
On a more positive note, Disney California Adventure will once again host theOogie Boogie Bash — A Disneyland Halloween Party on certain evenings from September 9 through October 31, 2021.
The Halloween Screams projection display is back at Disneyland Park for another year, and all guests are invited to experience it!
- Visit this page to find out where the greatest areas to see the Disneyland fireworks are.
- Because of all of the amazing effects at the castle, it is highly worthwhile to stand in line near the castle to view this show up close.
- Because characters are still greeting guests from a safe distance, Halloween Time in 2021 will likely appear a little different than it has in previous years, as expected.
- Comments on the Disneyland Halloween Overview, Characters, Riding, and Oogie Boogie Bash at Disneyland Park.
Overview of Disneyland Halloween Time
Although September and October are traditionally the best months to visit Disneyland, the Halloween season draws a large number of people, particularly on weekend days. If possible, schedule your visit during the beginning of September on a weekday. The earlier in the season you travel, the less people you appear to encounter. Early October through Columbus Day, as well as Halloween weekend, should be the busiest times of year. Having said that, the period from September 17 to September 19, 2021, might be a little busier than usual due to the fact that Gay Days will be held during that period this year.
- Additionally, a new Magic Key pass, which was introduced in August, is expected to lure many residents and frequent visitors back to the parks in the coming months.
- So, what can you anticipate when it comes to Halloween?
- As you go down Main Street, you will see hundreds of hand-carved pumpkins, many of which are illuminated in the evening.
- The villains might be lurking around Main Street, United States of America, Fantasy Faire, and Fantasyland.
- “The Halloween Tree,” which can be seen near the Golden Horseshoe Saloon, was inspired by Ray Bradbury’s story of the same name.
- It’s much more stunning at nighttime!
- Disneyland Halloween Time goodies and food accessories will have you drooling like a ghoul as you indulge in the enchanted Disneyland Halloween Time delicacies and food accessories.
Premium popcorn buckets, poison apple steins, and glow cubes are great ways to transport your meal in flair.
There are also specific savory nibbles available on the restaurant’s menu.
Pick up a meal guide while you’re at the park to make sure you don’t miss any of the wonderful goodies!
The Minnie candy corn witch hat ears are a favorite of ours.
Fireworks are only used to enhance the performance on specific occasions (mostly Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays with a few exceptions, so check the calendar to find out if fireworks are included).
every night during Halloween Time, the spooky projections and special effects extravaganza will take place on the big screen!
This mini-parade is brief and to the point.
on the parade route despite the fact that it was not on the performance schedule.
Toadallyfun! Mickey, Minnie, and their friends, princesses, and other characters, as well as villains, may all be found here! You can hear it approaching, so keep an ear out for a shift in the Halloween music to let you know it’s on its way.
Halloween at Disney California Adventure Park
Disney California Adventure has its own collection of ghouls and ghosts, some of whom are gloomy and grinning. Throughout Disney California Adventure, Oogie Boogie’s obnoxiously large shadow may be seen haunting the main entryway. Keep an ear out for his voice, which may speak to you from time to time. Go to Buena Vista Street and look for the statue of the Headless Horseman. It’s all aglow with boo-tifulpurple lights, and you can hear the faint clip-clop noises of the horse or maybe Oogie Boogie himself in the distance.
- During Halloween Time in Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure last year, Vampirina, a Disney Junior actress, met guests and signed autographs.
- The dates of the Oogie Boogie Bash should be checked before to making any plans to visit Disney California Adventure Park during the current season.
- (Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, but also two Saturdays this year).
- If you aren’t attending Oogie Boogie Bash, stop by Disney California Adventure on a non-event night to see the park fully decked up in costume for Halloween Time.
- Visit “Radiator Screams” at night to take in the “gourd-geous” Halloween scenery, spectacular lighting, and background of hills painted in enchanted Halloween hues that make this attraction so popular.
- At Disney California Adventure, the Plaza de la Familia is a gathering place for families.
- The Plaza de la Familia in Paradise Gardens Park is a must-see attraction that you won’t want to miss.
Participate in activities such as free crafts, such as coloring a mask or recording a family memory, and other fun events.
Learn about Da de los Muertos, listen to mariachi music, try Mexican cuisine, or see a performance of “A Musical Celebration of Coco,” in which Miguel makes an appearance with his guitar, all while celebrating the holiday.
It was 5 p.m.
The Plaza de la Familia will be open until the 2nd of November.
The Guardians of the Galaxy – BREAKOUT!
During Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, a number of attractions get into the spirit of the season.
The nighttime ride, which features a heavy metal soundtrack, is far scarier than the daylight ride, so keep that in mind if you have tadpoles who are barely tall enough to take the midday ride.
This is an extremely popular ride with big lines to get on and off!
As a result of limited capacity, wait times are a little shorter than usual this year.
The Monsters After Dark edition of the show will premiere everyday at 3 p.m.
It is necessary to close the ordinary version of the ride at 2 p.m.
for Monsters After Dark.
and proceed directly to Guardians to ride before 2 p.m.
On party evenings, if you are riding without a ticket, you will have between 3 p.m.
to ride this version. If you have a party ticket, you will have access to Monsters After Dark for the whole night, but you will not be able to ride the regular version of the attraction. You’ve got it all figured out, right? It’s a true headbanger, to be honest. The timetable is as follows:
- 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. —Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: BREAKOUT
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. —Closed for switchover
- 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. —Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: BREAKOUT
- 8 3 p.m. is the deadline for the park to close Monsters After Dark (on certain nights, the park shuts at 6 p.m. for the Oogie Boogie Bash)
- Guardians of the Galaxy — Monsters After Dark (on select nights, the park closes at 6 p.m. for the Oogie Boogie Bash)
Two additional ride overlays may be found in Cars Land, which is located in the same park. For further information, please see the section under “Rides at Disneyland During Halloween Time.”
Characters at Disneyland Halloween Time
It is possible to run across Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale and other Disney characters dressed in their Halloween costumes in both theme parks. Jack and Sally may usually be located in New Orleans Square, near the Royal Street Veranda, throughout the course of a regular year. In 2021, however, they will be welcoming guests from the balcony of the Haunted Mansion or the balcony over Pirates of the Caribbean. To locate them, keep your gaze elevated above the ground. As Halloween approaches, the figures tend to make more appearances on the screen.
- In previous years, we’ve seen Frollo, Governor Ratcliffe, and a number of other characters.
- In Fantasy Faire, Maleficent, who used to only appear at Halloween parties, is now making appearances on the balcony as part of a new promotion.
- Visit Disney California Adventure’s latest Halloween celebration, the Oogie Boogie Bash, for the best chances of seeing some of the most bizarre villains.
- The characters from Cars Land also dress up in “cartumes” for the Halloween holiday.
- They take great pleasure in displaying their outfits and posing for photographs.
- The villains are fabulously evil and a lot of fun to be around.
Rides at Disneyland Halloween Time
During Disney Halloween Time, there are some unique alterations to several of the attractions. Our last post on Disney California Adventure covered the Guardians of the Galaxy — Monsters After Dark attraction. The Haunted Mansion, which has been transformed into the setting of Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” is one of the most popular attractions. It is best to be there during the nighttime illumination of the Mansion. Even if you are not in the immediate vicinity (or in line), if you are there between 7 and 7:30 p.m., the Ghost Host will offer you a treat by illuminating the mansion.
A big gingerbread house is always present on the table in the ballroom (with yummy gingerbread smells wafting up).
It is being built to commemorate the occasion by include one element from each previous year’s gingerbread house dating back to 2001 through 2019.
In “Radiator Screams,” Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters are dressed up as Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween and parade around the streets.
Throughout the Halloween season, both attractions will feature a number of Halloween-themed tunes and décor on both rides. Radiator Screams comes to life each night around sunset, with an unique Halloween-themed lighting music to accompany the illumination.
Oogie Boogie Bash — A Disney Halloween Party
There is a lot to look forward to during Disneyland’s Halloween Time celebration! The return of Oogie Boogie Bash to Disney California Adventure is a special treat. Visit ourOogie Boogie Bash Disneyland Halloween Partypost for the entire scoop and all of the gory details, or read on for more information. Tickets are required for this after-hours celebration, which runs on various nights from September 9 through October 31 and is separate from the regular admission price (but no reservation). Tickets sold out in an abnormally short period of time, so make sure to get yours as soon as they go on sale in 2022!
In addition to trick-or-treating, guests may enjoy special entertainment, dance parties, and character meet-and-greets with famous Disney characters in costume, as well as several Disney villains, throughout the Halloween celebration.
Halloween Fun at Downtown Disney
Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit, which runs from September 9 to October 31 in Downtown Disney, will bring back the fall festivities in 2021. (or while supplies last). You may have heard of the Egg-stravaganza egg search that takes place at the Disneyland Resort every spring. This is, after all, a Halloween-themed pumpkin search! A gaming board as well as stickers are available for purchase at some merchandising shops. Find Disney character-themed pumpkins to hunt down and place the proper stickers on your game board to complete the task at hand.
- Halloween delicacies from Marceline’s Confectionery and Halloween goods from a variety of retailers are available to mark the occasion.
- Friday through Sunday evenings, the eerie a cappella choir comes from the tomb to play scary Halloween and creepy Disney classics for the audience.
- It’s truly one of our favorite times of year to come visit.
- Please ask it below.
- Related: When Is the Best Time to Go to Disneyland?
- Related: Disneyland Vacation Planning: A Guide to Making the Most of Your Time Wishing you a happy planning season!
When do the take down Halloween decorations a.
- On the 10th of January, 2018, Sue from the state of Michigan Asked This response was provided before to the shift to planDisney and may still contain references to the Disney Parks Mom’s Panel. Please keep this in mind when reading. “ Hello, Sue! Greetings and welcome to the Disney Parks Moms Panel!. Oh, the holidays at Walt Disney World Resort are such a beautiful sight to see that every Disney fan should experience them at least once throughout their lifetime. (And then once a year after that, and so on.) There are no set dates for when things go up and down at Disney World, but typically everything from the parks to resort hotels and even Disney Spring is at its most festive around the middle of November. Disney’s Hollywood Studios, on the other hand, undergoes a stunning transformation on October 31st. It’s quite wonderful to leave the park surrounded by pumpkins and cornucopias, only to wake up on November 1st to find Gertie the Dinosaur dressed as Santa Claus in a gigantic Santa hat. The other locations begin to look festive during the first two weeks of November, and the last tree is normally decorated by the end of the month. When planning your vacation, I recommend that you arrive no earlier than mid-November if possible in order to take in all of the sights (and scents!) of the winter holidays, including the world-renowned huge gingerbread art displays at the different Resort Hotels. Do not forget about witnessing snow on Main Street, United States of America at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Sue, I sincerely hope that you will be able to spend part of the most lovely time of the year in the Most Magical Place On Earth with your family! The Disney Parks Moms Panel thanks you for reaching out to us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon! ~Kristen
- Save Answer
- Useful4 Useful
- Save Answer Please sign in to see the answers you’ve already saved.
Meet the Panelist:Kristen, Texas
Hello, my name is Kristen. Aside from being a preschool parent and military wife, I also like staying up to date with the newest Disney Parks news and events. Much while trips to Disneyland and Walt Disney World have always been enjoyable, they have become even more so now that I am both the parent and the planner.
I feel really privileged and ecstatic to be able to offer advice I’ve picked up, pass on interesting facts I’ve discovered, and assist you in creating amazing moments for your trip of a lifetime! Find out more about Kristen.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?Click the Ask a Question button to open the Ask a Question dialogue box. If you are not logged in a dialogue box will appear to signin in order to ask a question.
Inquire about something This button brings up the Ask a Question dialog window.
This is a question and answer website designed to assist you in planning the most enjoyable Disney vacation possible. Due to the huge amount of questions received, we are unable to respond to each and every submission. As a reminder, please keep the number of questions in each submission to a maximum of three per submission. When submitting a question, please do not include any thoughts or comments with your submission. Your completion of this form signifies your permission to our use and sharing of the information you supply to us in an unfettered and unrestricted manner.
- There are 256 characters left. Please do not include any personally identifiable information in your enquiry, such as complete names or reservation numbers. Tags that are relevant
- What time do you intend to arrive? (optional)
- Who is it that you wish to speak with
- The menu options below have been pre-populated with the panelist you were examining
- However, you can ask any of our panelists any question you choose. Close Inquire about something The Ask a Question dialog box is shown.
Thanks for submitting your question!
Because of the large number of submissions, we are unable to promise that all questions will be answered in full. Please check the “Search” option above, or explore the site by destination, to see if a question and answer with a similar question and response have already been submitted in the meanwhile.
Communication via email is the sole method by which we can inform you whether your query has been addressed. Choosing to opt out of getting emails means you will have to visit the website again to see whether your question has been addressed. Okay
When Does Disney World Switch from Halloween to Christmas • WDW Vacation Tips
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World in early November, you may be wondering when the Disney Christmas decorations will be put up around the parks and resorts. The answer is: as soon as the decorations are put up around the parks and resorts. We know this because you have been asking us, “When can I see Christmas at Disney World?” We have received several responses to this question. This is something that varies from year to year and is mostly determined by the timing of the filming of the Christmas Day procession.
The Halloween decorations in the Magic Kingdom must remain up until the lastMickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party or, in the case of this year’s Boo Bash, until the end of the season.
When we get up the next morning after the last party, we find that almost all of the Halloween decorations have vanished.
Christmas Starting at the Magic Kingdom
This year, the first Christmas celebrations begin much earlier than usual! The first time the castle will be illuminated in the Magic Kingdom will be on Sunday, November 3rd, 2021. This castle illumination should also be accompanied by a large number of decorations, which I anticipate will be in place. The inaugural Christmas After Hours celebration will take place on November 8, 2021, and we anticipate that all of the Christmas decorations will be up in the Magic Kingdom by that time. Early November will see the shooting of Disney’s Christmas Day Parade, which will show on ABC, as well as other Disney Parks holiday specials to air on ABC and Disney Channel.
Although the actual dates for 2021 have not yet been published, we know that it will fall early in the month as it has in the past. Unfortunately, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Partywill not be taking place this year; instead, it will be replaced by a Christmas After Hours Event.
The Christmas season will officially begin on November 6th, 2021, according to the calendar. This signifies the beginning of the spread of decorations around the park. One of my favorite photographs from last year is seen above. Toy Story Land gets a seasonal makeover, with all of the characters getting into the holiday mood as well. Along with that, stunning antique Christmas décor is placed around the main entrance area of the park.
Holiday Celebration at the Animal Kingdom
Over at the Animal Kingdom, I am thrilled to see the park completely transformed into a Christmas wonderland for the first time. Let’s take a look at everything that takes place in the park by section of the park.
Discovery Island is hosting a quirky winter party for anyone to enjoy. During the day, check for life-size animal puppets that have been artisan-sculpted! Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Foxes, and Polar Bears are some of the puppets on display. And at night, bright rooftop lights and bird lanterns illuminate the night sky with their radiance. TheTree of Life, at the heart of it all, comes to life each night with a new set of winter tales that are guaranteed to thrill.
Donald’s Dino-Bash is the perfect place to get into the Christmas mood with a festive atmosphere. In addition, take a photo with Donald and some of his closest companions, who will be dressed festively for the occasion.
Consider taking in the colorful flowers, lanterns, and other decorations in Anandapur, where people have decked out the theater area in honor of Diwali, India’s festival of lights, which takes place this week.
As soon as you arrive in the town of Harambe, you’ll be greeted with a bright display that combines the inspiration and style of Western customs with the colors and fabrics of true African festivals.
Pandora – The World of Avatar
It is the ex-pats who live and work on this magnificent moon that have brought a little Christmas cheer to their alien home! Pongu Pongu is a display of kitschy décor that blends old pieces from Earth with objects created from materials unique to Pandora. Pongu Pongu is located on the island of Pandora.
Epcot for the Holidays
Due to the fact that Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival ended so late this year, the park is a touch behind on its celebrations. The Festival of the Holidays will take place from November 26 to December 30, 2021, and will last for three weeks. Additionally, on the 26th, you will be able to see the Candlelight Processional, which is one of my favorite Christmas shows.
Disney World Resort Christmas Decorations
- In the lobby of Disney’s Grand Floridian ResortSpa, you’ll discover a life-size gingerbread house decorated for the holidays. This elaborate 10 -foot-wide, 15-foot-long, and 14-foot-tall structure is covered with more than 10,000 pieces of gingerbread and is the perfect place to pick up holiday sweets and treats
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort is celebrating the tenth anniversary of its iconic gingerbread Cinderella Castle, which is covered with more than 10,000 pieces of gingerbread. It took more than 5,000 gingerbread shingles, 47 pounds of rolled fondant, 38 pounds of modeling chocolate, and many more materials to construct this 18-foot-tall exhibit. As a bonus, the Holiday Carousel gingerbread exhibit at Disney’s Beach Club Resort will be celebrating its 20th anniversary this year! The Disney’s Contemporary Resort is home to the highest Christmas tree in all of Walt Disney World, with 20 “Hidden Mickeys,” 5 Peter Pan-themed horses, and handcrafted gingerbread shingles. The Disney’s Contemporary Resort is also home to the biggest Christmas tree in all of Walt Disney World. Among the trees at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is a 45-foot-tall tree decorated with real African décor and copies of traditional African masks. This tree is covered with 16,000 lights and more than 200 handcrafted ornaments.
If this information is helpful in understanding When Does Disney World Switch From Halloween to Christmas, please share it with others! While it would be lovely if the Christmas decorations could be kept up all year, Disney does take them down. The following January, this is usually the weekend following RunDisney’s Marathon Weekend. During this Christmas season at Walt Disney World, what are you most looking forward to experiencing? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below! I’ve been going to the parks every year since my parents took me there when I was just a year old.
Recently, I was able to realize a lifelong desire of becoming a resident of Florida by relocating from the snowy Northeast to the sunlight and excitement of central Florida’s theme parks. Now I want to be able to share my Disney expertise with you in order for you to have the finest trip possible!
Even More Planning Advice!
Also remember that our website is jam-packed with helpful hints and suggestions for your next Disney World visit. Do you want to ask for our assistance? We will be pleased to answer any questions you may have about organizing a Disney vacation. Simply join our exclusive Walt Disney World Vacation Tips Facebook Group and ask away! Please also consider following us on Instagram, where you can see more of our daily activities. On our account, you may get live articles, advice, and other useful information.
Need a Travel Agent?
To begin planning your Disney World visit, submit a Request for Quote or Information with Magical Traveland let the professionals take care of all of your planning needs! Are you interested in learning more about scheduling a Disney Authorized Vacation Planner? See our complete list of benefits.
Disneyland Halloween 2022 Guide: Rides, Food, Decorations
With specially themed rides, delectable fall fare, and Disney Halloween-inspired park décor, Disneyland’s Halloween Time is one of the most enjoyable periods of the year at the theme park. Throughout the whole Disneyland Resort, including unique park decorations and overlayed attractions with Disneyland Halloween themes, the resort will be decked for Halloween beginning in early September and continuing until Halloween! Throughout the years, Disney California Adventure park has continued to enhance its offerings in order to deliver even more fantastic Disneyland Halloween experiences for guests.
Now, with the Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween celebration taking place in California Adventure, there are amazing offers in both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks!
It is my goal in this post to break down all of the Disneyland Halloween celebrations taking place across the Disneyland Resort and give advise on how to make the most of your experience when visiting the park during the Halloween season.
Disneyland Halloween 2022 Rides and Entertainment
During the Halloween andDisneyland Christmas seasons, the Haunted Mansion is transformed into the Haunted Mansion Holiday. This special holiday version includes the narrative of “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” as well as characters from the film, such as Jack Skellington, Zero the Ghost Dog, and Sally, as well as other surprises. The attraction is entertaining regardless of whether or not you are familiar with the narrative of “The Nightmare Before Christmas.” Simply put, the plot of the film is as follows: the king of Halloween takes over the celebration of Christmas, and we get to watch what occurs when “two festivals come together.” The one drawback of the overlay is that, while the Haunted Mansion Holiday runs from September to January, the old Haunted Mansion experience is only open for six months out of the year– something that some Disney fans have expressed dissatisfaction with.
When the Haunted Mansion Holiday comes to town, the lines swell and can last for several hours, so plan to visit this attraction first thing in the morning! Video of the Haunted Mansion for the Holidays
Haunted Mansion Holiday’s 20th Anniversary
The Haunted Mansion Holiday is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year! Annual traditions of the Haunted Mansion Holiday include the changing gingerbread home from year to year, which is one of the most popular. As part of the 20th anniversary celebrations, Disney will pay respect to all of its prior theme parks and attractions. “We went back to the graves to dig out all of our concepts from the last 19 years,” Tim Wollweber, assistant art director for Disney Parks, explained. “This year’s Franken-house incorporates favorite features from the past 19 houses!” says the author.
Here’s the equivalent list of the homes from the past years, which you can find below:
- In 2001, the Monster House was built, in 2002, the Present House was built, in 2003, the Giant Oogie Boogie House was built, in 2004 it was built, in 2005, the Giant Man-eating Wreath House was built. 2006 – House overrun with monsters
- The Jack-in-the-Box House debuted in 2007, followed by the Giant Gingerbread Coffin House in 2008, the Scary-Go-Round House in 2009, and the Pop-Up Sandy Claws House in 2010. 2011 – Monster House a la mimetica
- 2012 – The House of Jack Skellington
- 2013 – The House of the 13 Days of Christmas
- A Gingerbread Zombie House was built in 2014
- A Gingerbread Card House was built in 2015
- A Stitched-Up-Patchwork House was built in 2016
- And an Oogie Boogie Bug-infested House was built in 2017. Giant Gingerbread Spider House to be built in 2018
- The Haunted Mansion will celebrate 50 years of hauntings in 2019
- The Gingerbread Franken-House will open in 2021.
To commemorate the occasion, special items will be available for purchase at Disneyland on September 27th, including a pin, water bottle, and t-shirt. There is no news on how long this goods will be available for purchase, so get your hands on it as soon as possible!
Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy
During the Halloween season, Space Mountain is transformed into Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy. Onboard the roller coaster, innovative projection effects are used to produce this overlay, which is accompanied with a creepy music. A darker and more threatening tune takes over the ride’s usual cheerful space exploration concept, and the experience becomes a little more frightening. This more violent ghost-infested space rollercoaster sends a lot of folks screaming out of the ride station. However, while Space Mountain is a terrific ride for adolescents and adults, it may not be the best time to bring tiny children, especially if it is their first time on the ride.
- In the same manner that we usually advocate experiencing Space Mountain first in our Disneyland touring tips, you should make a beeline for Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy as soon as you have the opportunity.
- Consider the impact of making the attraction one of the most popular attractions during the Disneyland Halloween season.
- Previously, in order to view this spectacular entertainment, guests needed to have purchased a ticket to the Disneyland Halloween Party in advance.
- On weekends, fireworks will add to the spectacle of this projection display.
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse are known to dress up in their Halloween costumes for the entirety of the day.
- Popular Disney villains such as Maleficent, Captain Hook, Cruella de Ville, and others have been sighted strolling the streets of Main Street, United States of America in the past.
In the official Disneyland app, you can discover detailed information about the characters that appear on a daily basis.
Halloween Rides and Entertainment at California Adventure
Each year, the amount of Halloween-themed entertainment and ride overlays available at Disney California Adventure Park grows more and more. In Cars Land, Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree will be renamed Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree, and Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters will be renamed Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween, and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree will be renamed Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree. Guardians of the Galaxy-Mission: Breakout! is renamed to Guardians of the Galaxy-Monsters After Dark and airs every day at 6 p.m.
- Although this is a scarier version of the attraction than the standard edition of the attraction, it does not include the popular song soundtrack that is featured in the regular version of the attraction.
- The attraction revolves on your automobile, which serves as bait to keep the monsters from eating Baby Groot, who have been inconveniently liberated from their cages.
- Every day, Miguel joins the storytellers from Plaza de la Familia and the Mariachi Divas for a Musical Celebration of Coco that takes place multiple times throughout the day.
- Make certain that you are using the Disneyland app to locate your favorite attractions.
Save Money on Disneyland Halloween
In recent years, the popularity of the Halloween season at Disneyland has grown exponentially. Every year, an increasing number of individuals choose this time of year to take a holiday. Due to this, what was once considered an off season has now become a high-demand period, with astronomically high room rates.However, I am here to help.I have negotiated an exclusive agreement with one of Disneyland’s longest-standing travel partners to provide my readers (that’s you) with the lowest-priced Disneyland tickets available anywhere on the internet.
Check out the special Disneyland packages and ticket prices for more information on how to save money on your Disneyland Halloween vacation.
I send out information on limited time deals as well as information on vacation preparation.
Sign up right away.
Halloween Time at Disneyland Decorations
When you first arrive at Disneyland Park, you’ll see that gigantic Disney figure pumpkins adorn the ticket booths and greet you as you go through the gates. The enormous Mickey Mouse flower arrangement will be done entirely in a darker Halloween tone, as will the rest of the event. When you arrive on Main Street United States of America, you’ll notice pumpkins and orange bunting covering the front of every building. Every pumpkin appears to be different in terms of shape and size. This significantly enhances the autumnal atmosphere in the park.
- When a large number of people arrive and go at the beginning and end of the day, there are huge queues for photographs.
- When you are utilizing yourDisneyland Park Hopper ticket to go between parks, this is the best time to visit (discounted here).
- When you first arrive in the land, just next to the Golden Horseshoe, you’ll find The Halloween Tree, which is dedicated to Ray Bradbury and his novel of the same name, which you may visit.
- Despite the fact that Ray Bradbury’s writings on Disneyland are incredibly prolific, a statement from one of his works serves as the foreword to my book on Disneyland Secrets.
In Frontierland, near Rancho Del Zocalo, which happens to be one of my favorite Disneyland restaurants, there are gorgeous decorations honoring Dia de Los Muertos, often known as Day of the Dead.
Halloween Decorations at California Adventure
Everywhere you look, Cars Land is decked out for “Haul-O-Ween” with spectacular overlays and decorations. Photos from Cars Land’s Halloween celebration may be seen here. Radiator Springs will be transformed into Radiator Screams at every spot, from “Fillmore’s Jack-Oil Lanterns and Flo’s Spider-Car to Witchy Miss Lizzie’s Boutique,” according to the official website. As a result, I had to borrow a photograph because it was practically difficult to photograph well. (Photo courtesy of the Orange County Register’s Drew A.
With his gigantic figure beckoning travelers down the street and a swarm of bats swirling around the Carthay Circle Theater, Oogie Boogie has taken over Disney California Adventure.
Disneyland Halloween Snacks and Foods
During the Halloween season, the food options are altered in the same way as the decorations and ride overlays are transformed. When it comes to developing new sweet delicacies to be offered across the resort, the Disney culinary crew consistently outdoes itself. If you can imagine a bakery treat, chances are you’ll be able to purchase that treat in pumpkin flavor at Disneyland during Halloween Time. You can find these sweet treats in the following locations: Pooh’s Corner shop in Critter Country, Candy Palace on Main Street, Trolley Treats on Buena Vista Street in Disney California Adventure, and Marceline’s Confectionery in Downtown Disney.
The New Orleans Square Mickey Beignets are one of my favorite delights to indulge in at any time of the year.
As my younger sister puts it, “ben-YAY” will be the only word that comes to mind when you see these.
During your visit, make sure to check at the whole assortment of seasonal desserts to ensure that you don’t miss out on one of the new Halloween-themed delicacies.
Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party
It replaced the previous Mickey Halloween Party and is held in California Adventure as a separate-ticket party event featuring Halloween entertainment, an interactive dance party, stage shows with Mickey, and walk-through experiences with Disney villains. Oogie Boogie Bash is a separate-ticket party event that takes place in California Adventure and includes Halloween entertainment, an interactive dance party, stage shows with Mickey, and walk-through experiences with Disney villains. Compared to the last Mickey’s Halloween Party experience, this one is even better!
The Oogie Boogie Bash will be held in Disneyland Park over the whole month of October.
Although the dates for 2022 have not yet been posted, you may use the 2021 dates as a guideline as you plan your trip! All of the details about the Oogie Boogie Bash, including the dates, pricing, and hours, may be found in the list of party dates provided below.
- Select nights from September 9 through October 31, 2021
- Party runs from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Disney California Adventure Park mix-in begins at 3:00 PM
- Party is open to the public
- No reservations required. General Admission tickets will be available beginning on July 13, 2021, with prices beginning at $114 per person.
Tickets may be purchased here. Tickets will be available for buy online beginning on July 13. When you purchase a ticket to the party, you will also receive admission to Disney California Adventure park prior to the party. Guests will get three hours to play in the park prior to the commencement of the after-hours celebration, which begins at 6 p.m. PT. All tickets for the Halloween Party must be purchased directly from Disneyland, which may be done in person at the Disneyland Resort main gate or by phone at 714-781-4636.
There are no discounts available for ticketed events such as the Halloween party.
Children under the age of two are not need to purchase a ticket.
To learn more about the new Halloween party, see our guide to Oogie Boogie’s Bash.
Disneyland Halloween Happiest Haunts Tour
During Halloween Time at Disneyland, a special “Happiest Haunts Tour” is offered that focuses on the park’s specialized Halloween attractions as well as the stories behind select Halloween-themed items in the park. Last year’s trip revolved around a Halloween quest to locate Aladdin’s magical lamp, which had gone stolen. Following the conclusion of the hunt, the tour guide led guests on a tour of six attractions spread around the whole theme park. These Halloween tours have previously included front-of-line access to the two Halloween-themed attractions as well as some of the other top attractions throughout the park.
In addition, in past years, the trip featured two Halloween sweets as well as a special pin for participants.
Taking the trip is expensive; it costs $99 in addition to the cost of theme park entry.
Tips for Visiting Disneyland Even When It’s Not Halloween
Subscribe to our FREE Disneyland Deals newsletter to receive comprehensive assistance in arranging your whole Disneyland journey.
Using this site, you will be able to get valuable planning information, unique Disney bargains, and the lowest priced Disneyland tickets available anywhere. Sign up for a FREE account More information on Disneyland Halloween plans may be found by clicking on the links below.
- When is the best time of year to visit Disneyland
- Where can you find discounts Information about Disneyland Park Tickets
- The Top 12 Must-See Attractions at Disneyland for the Holidays
- Tips & Tricks for Visiting Universal Studios Hollywood
- Disneyland’s Best Dining Locations
- Disneyland’s Holiday Survival Guide
All of the most up-to-date official information on the Disneyland Halloween season can be found on theHalloween Time at Disneyland page of the Disneyland website.
Halloween Time at Disneyland: Everything You Need to Know
My favorite time of year to visit Disneyland is unquestionably during the fall season. The crowds are manageable, the weather is often temperate and pleasant, and the Halloween decorations and snacks are out in full force this time of year. Halloween Time, as the season is known at the Disneyland Resort, is jam-packed with activities for the whole family. Overlays on the rides, plenty of not-so-spooky decorations, and a plethora of seasonal delicacies are all on the menu. A unique after-hours ticketed party event called the Oogie Boogie Bash is held every few evenings, but the resort also provides a slew of Halloween activities available outside of party hours.
- However, even with the improvements that will be required in 2021, the offers for this year are still rather comprehensive compared to previous years.
- I’ve just returned from the first day of Halloween Time at Disneyland this year, on September 3, 2021, and I’m here to tell you about everything that’s new and different.
- As the season progresses, make sure to come back for even more information on this page.
- (This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links, I may receive a small compensation.) Visit the link in the menu at the bottom of this page for our complete disclosure policy.)
Where to Book Your Disneyland Vacation — and Save Money!
Get Away Today, a Trips with Tykes partner that you can trust, can help you save a lot of money on your Disneyland visit. Get Away Today sells discounted Disneyland park tickets, assists you in finding excellent prices on both on- and off-property hotels, and provides experienced customer support from employees who often visit the park. Don’t buy your park tickets from Disney directly since you’ll end up paying extra! Get Away Today offers inexpensive Disneyland park tickets that can be purchased here.
A variety of ticket options, including park hoppers and single park per day tickets, are available, as well as Genie+ tickets.
Make sure to use the code TYKES10 to receive an extra $10 off your purchase.
Get Away Today SpecialsDeals for WinterSpring 2022 Visits: Get Away Today SpecialsDeals for WinterSpring 2022 Visits: Get Away Today SpecialsDeals for WinterSpring 2022 Visits: Get Away Today SpecialsDeals for WinterSpring 2022 Visits: Get Away Today SpecialsDeals for WinterSpring 2022 Visits:
- Save up to $136 per person on special 3-day tickets good any weekday from January 3 through May 26, 2022, if you are a resident of Southern California. Both park hopper and one park per day choices are offered, as well as Disney Genie+ bundled alternatives
- Extra DayNight Free: 4th night free at some hotels, plus purchase 4 day tickets and get the 5th day free
- Buy 4 day tickets and get the 5th day free
- In some hotels in the Anaheim region, you may get a third or fourth night free.
Disneyland Halloween Time Basics
Save up to $136 per person on special three-day tickets good any weekday from January 3 through May 26, 2022, if you are a resident of Southern California. Both park hopper and one park per day choices are offered, as well as Disney Genie+ bundled alternatives. In addition, if you purchase four-day tickets, you will receive one-day free; and if you purchase four-day tickets, you will receive one-day free; and Select hotels in the Anaheim region are offering free third or fourth nights.
Halloween Time in Disneyland Park
For many years, Disneyland Park has served as the site of the majority of the Halloween Time activities. When guests arrive on Main Street USA, they are greeted by an iconic Mickey jack-o-lantern. Costumed characters and villains meet and greet fans from the railway station platform, which overlooks the area. Decorated with orange and pumpkins, the atmosphere is established everywhere. The Walt and Mickey partners statue, which is located further along Main Street, is surrounded by jack-o-lanterns.
In the Disneyland park itself, there are a few changes in store for 2021.
The specifically ticketed Mickey’s Halloween Party is also no longer available, since it has been re-themed and relocated to Disney California Adventure as Oogie Boogie Bash in 2019.
But have no worry, for the Halloween offers in Disneyland Park that are still available are many!
Haunted Mansion Holiday
Since 2001, Disneyland has presented a unique seasonal overlay to the Haunted Mansion at New Orleans Square in Disneyland park, which is located within the park. The house is overtaken by Jack Skellington and his companions from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” who decorate it with their unique blend of Halloween and Christmas decorations combined with other elements. The theming makes it ideal for a run that lasts from September to the New Year, giving guests to Disneyland plenty of time to plan a trip to visit.
Both of my children have rode it several times throughout their toddler and preschool years, and neither has expressed any concern or fear (except for the opening scene in the elevator that may be scary just due to its loudness).
Every year, a new gingerbread house is shown in the banquet room, and the house in 2021 is larger than ever in commemoration of the 20th anniversary of Haunted Mansion Holiday.
When Disney Genie+ opens at Disneyland in the autumn (exact date to be determined), the attraction will have Lightning Lane, which will serve to alleviate some of the wait times for those who pay the additional fee.
(Refer to my guide to Disney Genie+ at Disneyland for a sneak peek at this brand new fast pass and MaxPass replacement at the park.)
Dia de los Muertos in Frontierland
Traditional decorations for the Mexican Day of the Dead, which are displayed throughout the Halloween season, add to the celebratory atmosphere. The decorations, which are appropriately positioned in Frontierland outside the Rancho del Zocalo restaurant, contain skeletons and brightly colored flowers, which are appropriate for the theme park. The decorations are wonderful, and the location is a fantastic location for some incredible photo ops. Characters such as Miguel, for example, are likely to make an appearance in this location as well.
Halloween Screams Fireworks
Photograph courtesy of Joshua Sudock/Disneyland Resort. Halloween Screams is a nocturnal performance hosted by Jack Skellington that was formerly only broadcast at the special ticketed Mickey’s Halloween Party. It is now aired year-round. With the Halloween Screams event now taking place nightly at Disneyland for the second year in a row and accessible to everyone with a standard park ticket, the party has moved to DCA for the second year in a row. Fireworks are included in the display on select nights, notably Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays throughout the fall season.
Even if the fireworks aren’t going off, the spectacle is still worth seeing for the music and projections that accompany it.
While the fireworks display takes place above Sleeping Beauty Castle, the performance may be seen from a variety of vantage points.
These alternative venues frequently have less people and don’t need you to camp out as long before the performance starts as the primary ones do.
Halloween Time in Disney California Adventure
For many years, Disneyland Park was the only spot where you could get the most out of Halloween festivities. However, the scope of the holiday’s commemoration has significantly increased. The décor and entertainment options at Disney California Adventure are now on level with (and perhaps even better than) those at Disneyland Park. Decor such as Oogie Boogie gracing the entrance to DCA and the Headless Horsemen standing outside Carthay Circle should be on your list to see this year. It will return in 2021 (after its premiere in 2019) as the event formerly known as Mickey’s Halloween Party – now renamed “Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party” – which has been relocated to Disney California Adventure.
Haul-O-Ween in Cars Land
Photograph courtesy of Diana Henneman / Modern Heirloom Photography. One of the most immersive changes may be seen at Cars Land, which is located within DCA. During the months of September and October, Cars Land undergoes a big makeover in preparation for “Haul-O-Ween,” and Radiator Springs is renamed Radiator Screams. Lightning McQueen is dressed as a super hero, while Mater is dressed as a vampire in this Cars 2 special edition. They stand in front of the Cozy Cone Motel, posing for photos with visitors.
Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters transforms into Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween with creepy Italian-inspired music, which is played throughout the game. A similar transformation occurs when Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree becomes Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree, as riders spin around a graveyard to spooky melodies.
Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark
Image courtesy of Joshua Sudock/Disneyland Resort & Spa Another popular Halloween Time event at Disney California Adventure is a special ride overlay of the incredibly popularGuardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!coaster, which is an unique Halloween Time attraction at Disney California Adventure. In the evenings during the Halloween Season, the ride transforms into the Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark ride experience. Riders are charged with the mission of rescuing Groot, who has been left behind after the Guardians successfully escape the Collector’s Fort.
If you haven’t gone to Disneyland in 2021 since the new park debuted, be sure to check out the new options at Avengers Campus, which will be the first year the attraction takes up its proper position as part of the Avengers Campus complex.
Plaza de la Familia
Paradise Gardens in DCA will host the ceremonies of Dia de los Muertos for the second year in a row this year. The location has been renamed Plaza de la Familia (Family Plaza). There are lots of details inspired by the Pixar smash film Coco to brighten up the Christmas season, including crafts, picture opportunities, and seasonal decor. Making their own paper alebrije (spirit guide) mask with Pepita or Dante from Coco will be a particular highlight for the younger set. Also available is the opportunity for families to contribute letters of remembering on a memory wall in front of the Mexican Tree of Life.
Miguel, a life-size puppet inspired by Mexican folk art, joins a group of singers and real dancers in this performance of traditional Mexican music and dance.
There is lots of open-air covered sitting with plenty of natural light.
Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party
Last, but certainly not least, is the Oogie Boogie Bash, which is returning for its second year in the DCA this summer! On select nights in September and October each year, Disneyland has hosted an unique and separately ticketed event known as Mickey’s Halloween Party, which has always been a popular attraction at Halloween Time. A new name (Oogie Boogie Bash) was given to the event, as well as a new venue and an abundance of fresh offers. Related: See my comprehensive guide to Oogie Boogie Bash at Disneyland, which includes several recommendations and considerably more detail.
- The events all begin at 6 p.m.
- Three hours before to the commencement of the celebration, park attendees are granted admission to California Adventure Park.
- On evenings when the party is being held, DCA park closes to all other visitors at 6 p.m.
- Make the necessary preparations!
- There are a number of activities and entertainment options that are only available during the festival.
The costumes have been family-friendly whenever possible; one year we dressed up as characters from Alice in Wonderland, with my daughter as Alice and me dressed up as the Cheshire Cat, my husband as the King of Hearts, and my son dressed up (somewhat reluctantly) as Tweedle Dee and the King of Hearts.
If you’re looking for costume ideas, check out theseDisney DIY family costume ideasandbest Star Wars DIY costumesfrom a buddy who is far more talented than I am!
So, what exactly is the Oogie Boogie Bash all about? The following are some of the notable entertainment options available during the party:
- Mickey’s Trick and Treat Show: The new Mickey’s Trick and Treat Show is the greatest entertainment option for families with smaller children. The concert, which takes place in the familiar surroundings of the Disney Junior Dance Party theater, features lots of the Fab 5 and even a couple of confectionery delights.
- Mickey’s Trick and Treat Show: The new Mickey’s Trick and Treat Show is the finest entertainment option for customers with smaller children. There are plenty of Fab 5 and even a handful of sugar goodies in this show, which is set in the familiar surroundings of the Disney Junior Dance Party theater.
- Immersive Treat Trails: The immersive treat trails at Oogie Boogie Bash are unquestionably the highlight of the event for children. It is impossible to beat the mix of candy with live-action villains such as the Mad Hatter, Oogie Boogie, or Maleficent.
A highlight of Oogie Boogie Bash for children is undoubtedly the immersive treat trails, which are a must-see attraction. It is impossible to beat the mix of candy with live-action villains such as the Mad Hatter, Oogie Boogie, or Maleficent;
Halloween Time FoodMerchandise
Halloween is a holiday that Disney restaurants and businesses never fail to acknowledge, and it is a time when the Disney team becomes particularly inventive. Take note of the numerous Halloween-themed delicacies and items of products that will be available throughout the month of October. Every Halloween Time food item is accessible at all times in 2021; none appears to be confined to the Oogie Boogie Bash celebration. If you weren’t able to secure a ticket to the party this year, this is fantastic news.
Also, make sure to check out the Play Party Plan’s suggestions for the 11 best Disneyland Halloween snacks, which includes a list of the 11 greatest Disneyland Halloween goodies.
The goods, on the other hand, becomes better with each passing year.
Are you looking for more DisneyHalloween information?
- Check out our tips for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Walt Disney World if you want to have a very Disney Halloween on the other side of the country.
It should be noted that Disneyland has welcomed my family on several of our travels to HalloweenTime and Mickey’s Halloween Party/Oooooga Boogie Bash. Disclosure: Disney was generous enough to offer me with complimentary entrance and lodging for my most recent vacation, which took place on September 3, 2021. My family and I go to Disneyland on a regular basis, and we do it at our own money (and will be paying our own way on our next trip in October 2021). All of my opinions are entirely my own.