How to Hang Decorations from a Ceiling
Article in PDF format Article in PDF format The decorations you choose to add to a room may completely change the look and feel of the space, and hanging them from the ceiling is frequently the greatest option! The task of hanging anything, whether it is temporary party decorations or more permanent décor, may be accomplished in a variety of ways depending on the materials you choose. There are several alternatives available, ranging from basic and easy-to-use items to creative DIYs.
- 1 Make use of adhesives to attach your decorations to the ceiling as quickly as possible. Sticky tack or tape is definitely the best option if the goods you have are lightweight, such as streamers, and it’s something you’re likely to have laying around the house.
- Attach your decoration to the ceiling by attaching it to the end of the decoration using tape or mounting putty. To guarantee that it does not slip off, smooth it over and apply pressure to it. The usage of tape is especially beneficial if you are using a type of tape that will not scratch the paint off the ceiling when you take down your decorations – Gaffer’s Tape is a perfect choice for this purpose. Mounting putty, often known as sticky tack, is a versatile adhesive that may be used on a variety of lightweight goods. Adhesive hooks, which are similar to tape and mounting putty, can be used to hold lightweight things in place. In addition to self-adhesive Velcro, you may use other materials to decorate your home. One side of the Velcro should be attached to the ceiling and the other side of the Velcro should be attached to your decoration, then put the Velcro back together.
- 2 For heavier things, attach thumbtacks, hooks, or nails to the ceiling to hold them in place. If your goods are really heavy, fastening them with tape will not suffice. It is possible to use thumbtacks, hooks, or nails to secure the mount to your ceiling if you are seeking for a more permanent option and don’t mind puncturing your ceiling. This will allow for a more stable installation that will also endure longer over time.
- Thumbtacks are the most straightforward of the three options, as they can be easily inserted right through your décor and onto the ceiling. These are better suited for smaller, lightweight things. You may also use a hammer to drive nails and hooks into your ceiling, or a drill to drill screws into your ceiling from which you will be able to tie or hang your goods. Due to the fact that the hooks, nails, and screws are able to withstand more weight, this choice is perfect for heavier decorations. In the event that you decide to drill into the ceiling, make sure to use protective eyewear to prevent anything from getting into your eyes. It’s important to choose a high-duty anchor that’s rated for the amount of weight you’re hanging so that it doesn’t fail when you try to hang something substantial.
- s3 String, twine, or fishing wire can be used to hang from the ceiling. This can be accomplished, for example, by winding the cord around a hook on a ceiling joist. As soon as they are hung, it will be possible to embellish them by attaching them to the end of each hanging line.
- You will be able to locate numerous colors and thicknesses of string or yarn to match your décor and theme if you utilize this method. If you want to create a more rustic look, twine is a fantastic choice. When it comes to hanging décor, fishing wire is highly beneficial for two reasons: it is incredibly strong and, because it is thin and transparent, it can be easily hidden from view
- And it is extremely flexible.
- 4Hang goods from a rope using clothespins to keep them in place. You may use a rope to hang things from the ceiling, such as photographs or bulbs, by attaching two ends to each corner and leaving an inch or two of the rope hanging down in the centre of the room. Clothespins may be used to hang your belongings along the length of the line. Advertisement
- 1 Attach your decorations to rafters or exposed beams in the ceiling. It is possible to attach your decorations directly to the ceiling rafters or exposed beams in spaces with a bit more flexibility than a normal flat ceiling
- They are typically lower to the floor and thus simpler to access.
- When you are through hanging your decorations, attach them with zip ties around the rafters or beams so that you can quickly cut them down when you are finished with them. A tight knot should be able to be tied directly around the beams or rafters of the structure using thread, fishing wire, twine, or even the object itself.
- 2 Instead of wrapping your decorations around the ceiling, wrap them around a light fixture. It’s simple to attach decorations such as balloons or streamers to a chandelier or other hanging light fixture on your ceiling
- If you have a chandelier or other hanging light fixture on your ceiling, you may do so with ease.
- Make careful to keep the decoration away from the real light source or to keep the light turned off in order to prevent the decoration from heating up and catching fire.
- 3 Insert the end of your décor between the tiles in your ceiling. The ability to slip one end of your decoration beneath a raised tile on a ceiling with ceiling tiles is useful for hanging objects from a ceiling with ceiling tiles, such as in a school or a library, for example. It will then automatically secure your decoration when you lower the ceiling tile back to its original position.
- In order to prevent the decoration from slipping through the ceiling tiles, it should be made of lightweight materials such as ribbons or streamers.
Create a new question
- Is it possible to drill through a ceiling? Jason Phillip is a handyman who specializes in the mounting and hanging of things on walls and other surfaces. Jason’s Handyman Services, which he founded, has over five years of experience professionally mounting and installing objects. His work has included mounting window air conditioning units, designing art gallery walls, installing kitchen cabinets, and replacing light fixtures on drywall, brick, and plaster surfaces. His work has been recognized as a “Top Pro” by Thumbtack every year since 2016, indicating that he is one of the highest-rated and most popular professionals on the platform. Question Is it necessary to use an anchor to hang anything heavy from a ceiling if the object is heavy? Jason Phillip is a handyman who specializes in the mounting and hanging of things on walls and other surfaces. Jason’s Handyman Services, which he founded, has over five years of experience professionally mounting and installing objects. His work has included mounting window air conditioning units, designing art gallery walls, installing kitchen cabinets, and replacing light fixtures on drywall, brick, and plaster surfaces. His work has been recognized as a “Top Pro” by Thumbtack every year since 2016, indicating that he is one of the highest-rated and most popular professionals on the platform.
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. SubmitAdvertisement
- In the event that you are utilizing a ladder to reach the ceiling, make sure you have a companion to keep the ladder secure and act as a spotter. Always get permission and supervision from an adult before using any tools of any type. Always make certain that heavy things are securely fastened to the ceiling with considerable care.
About This Article
Summary of the Article The addition of colorful decorations to your space may be accomplished by hanging them from the ceiling. Mounting putty (also known as sticky tack) is used for lightweight things such as posters, streamers, and paper decorations. Sticky tape, self-adhesive Velcro, and attaching putty (also known as sticky tack) are other options for mounting lightweight objects. Simply stand on a chair or ladder and adhere each corner of your decoration to the ceiling using a nail or staple gun.
Alternatively, connect a small length of rope to the corners of two walls to get the same effect.
Continue reading for more information, including instructions on how to hang decorations from ceiling tiles.
Thank you to all writers for contributing to this page, which has been read 59,979 times so far.
Did this article help you?
Although your walls are the most apparent location to hang decorations, there are some objects that simply cannot be displayed on a flat surface. Mobiles, seasonal decorations, streamers, and other hanging items require ample room to spin and should be observed from all angles in order to be appreciated properly. The method used to suspend an object from the ceiling differs depending on how heavy the object is to be suspended.
Very Light Objects
It is not necessary to take particular precautions while hanging decorations that weigh nearly nothing. It’s best to tie streamers and other decorations to a string or wire and then tape the other end of it to the ceiling if you’re suspending paper snowflakes or dangling dried flowers from the ceiling. Instead, you may use a thumbtack to fix the string or wire to the ceiling, or you can just tie ribbons or streamers straight to the ceiling with the tack to provide a more formal appearance. Because neither tape nor tacks leave much of a mark, you will be able to remove the goods without causing any damage.
Objects Under Five Pounds
If the decoration is too heavy to hang from the ceiling with tape or tacks, but it does not weigh more than five pounds, you can use an adhesive hook to attach it to the ceiling. Many of these hooks include unique release tabs that allow you to remove the hook without harming the paint.
These hooks are available in a variety of sizes. Adhesive hooks will not work on textured or popcorn ceilings, but they will work on flat ceilings and will save you the time and hassle of drilling into the ceiling.
For decorations that weigh more than five pounds, sticky hooks aren’t firm enough to accomplish the work, and the hanging process gets more difficult. To securely fasten a hook to the ceiling, first locate a joist, which is one of the wooden beams that runs horizontally across the ceiling behind the plaster and into which the hook will be attached. To locate one, use a stud finder or bang on the ceiling with your knuckles until you come across a spot that doesn’t sound hollow when you hit it.
The object should be hung from the hook.
Very Heavy Objects
A single hook cannot support the weight of some goods, such as wrought iron pot racks or wooden art panels, which are too huge and heavy to be hung from them. In order to use these objects, two hooks should be attached to either the same joist 2 to 3 feet apart or to two neighboring joists 16 or 24 inches apart, depending on the item. Hang the object from two chains, one dangling from each hook, so that it is in the air. It will be stronger for your installation if the chains are hung at an angle rather than vertically, so place the hooks a few inches closer together than the chain attachments on the item are apart.
How to Hang a Decorative Object From the Ceiling – Tips & Tricks
All buildings and properties have a soul, which means that you must carefully pick your decorations in order to convey the correct message. This includes understanding how to hang anything from the ceiling. Ceiling decorations, with the exception of lightbulbs, chandeliers, and ceiling fans, are not widely used, but that does not preclude them from being visually stunning. Despite the fact that the majority of them are intended to make huge areas seem more welcome, ceiling decorations may be employed in smaller spaces as well.
To learn more about how to properly decorate the ceiling of your room, read on.
How to decorate a ceiling
The days when ceilings were painted in a basic and dull-white color with no indication of expression are long gone. For interior designers and decorators nowadays, ceilings have become quite essential, and they are sometimes referred to as the “fifth wall.” Choosing the correct type of paint or artwork to hang from the ceiling may completely change a space, transforming it into something beautiful, fresh, or extravagant. However, how can you be certain that you have chosen the correct hue for your ceiling?
- You should paint the ceiling the same color as the rest of the walls if your area is tiny, or one to two tones lighter if you have a larger space.
- You may get the same impression by leaving the ceiling white, as long as the rest of the room is painted in neutral, light hues as well as the ceiling white.
- Colors like red or deep plum are lovely alternatives, but if you want to be more daring, dark grey, navy, or even black are also appropriate.
- If the space and design allow it, consider adding wood beams, moldings, chandeliers, or ornamental lighting to your ceilings to make them more visually appealing in addition to painting them a variety of colors.
Mirrors can be replaced with other tiny decorations if you are afraid of your reflection or do not feel comfortable gazing at yourself all of the time.
How to hang objects from the ceiling
When it comes to decorating your room, whether you do it yourself or hire a professional, you’ll need to have some serious talents and make multiple trips to The Home Depot to get it done. However, the procedure of hanging decorations from the ceiling, as well as the materials necessary for the operation, depends on the size and the weight of your decorations.
Because it does not need the use of many tools or accessories, hanging extremely light decorations is the most straightforward. Dry flowers, paper decorations, photos, and other items can be strung to strings or wires and then secured to the ceiling with normal tape to create a beautiful display. You may also use tacks instead of nails, and the best part is that none of them will leave scars on your ceiling, allowing you to effortlessly remove them after you are finished with them.
Decorations under five pounds
If your decorations are only a few pounds, tacks and tape will not be sufficient, but this does not imply that you must spend a lot of money on expensive materials. The most straightforward and least expensive approach is to attach them to sticky hooks. We recommend investing in high-quality adhesive hooks that have a strong bond and will not readily break apart after a while. Fortunately, these components are available in a variety of sizes, and most of them are equipped with special release tabs that allow you to remove them securely without harming the paint.
However, they are strong enough to allow you to hang small glass terrariums, framed pictures, decorative lights, hats, and other items that you might find interesting enough to display in your space.
Decorations over five founds
If your decorations weigh only a few pounds, tacks and tape will be ineffective, but this does not imply that you must spend a lot of money on expensive materials. If you want to hang them with sticky hooks, that is the quickest and most cheap choice. We recommend that you get high-quality adhesive hooks that have a strong bond and will not readily come apart over a period of time. Fortunately, these components are available in a variety of sizes, and most of them are equipped with special release tabs that allow you to remove them safely and without harming the paint finish.
The use of tacks and tape will be ineffective if your decorations weigh only a few pounds, but this does not imply that you must spend a lot of money on expensive materials. The quickest and most cost-effective solution is to attach them to adhesive hooks. We recommend investing in high-quality adhesive hooks that have a strong bond and won’t readily break apart after a time. The good news is that these elements are available in a variety of sizes, and most of them are equipped with special release tabs that allow you to remove them securely without harming the paint.
Take note that sticky hooks will not work on ceilings with popcorn or texture; only flat ceilings will function. However, they are sturdy enough to allow you to hang tiny glass terrariums, framed photographs, decorative lights, hats, and other items that may be appropriate for your home.
The Ultimate Guide on How to Hang Party Decor
One question we receive over and over at Oh Happy Day is, “how did you hang that?” Hanging party decorations may be difficult, so we decided to compile all of our tips and tricks into one comprehensive guide. When I’m considering how to hang party supplies, the first two things that come to mind are what I’m hanging and where I’ll be hanging it. In comparison to the tools I would use in a dining room or a school gym, the ones I use in a backyard will be much different. Today, we’ll go over the many methods of hanging installations, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each method.
- Whenever you’re hanging anything for a large event with a large number of people, you should make sure it’s really secure and that you utilize hardware.
- Here are a few of the tools that we employ while hanging items.
- Our studio, Oh Happy Day, has a lot of pipes hanging from the ceiling, so we use them a lot to keep things organized.
- It is possible to cut them with scissors once they have been taken down.
- This item has a mystical quality about it.
- Even a teeny-tiny amount can go a long way.
- 3.Screw Hooks are a type of hook that attaches to a screw.
If you own an area (such as a backyard) and intend on hanging things on a regular basis, it is best to install them once and leave them in place so that decorating is simple.
Sometimes a simple piece of twine will suffice.
Hooks with a length of 5.3M.
They are excellent because they can support a big quantity of weight and are simple to take off.
This is similar to fishing line on a high dose of steroids.
It is also quite heavy duty, making it less likely to break than twine.
It’s simple to put on and take off.
They are so little and inconspicuous that you will not notice them.
These are the equipment and procedures that we find most useful for hanging party decorations.
What are some of your favorite methods of hanging party decor?
Naomi was in charge of the photography and styling. Julia Satake, Amy Moss, and Justine Pon are three women who have made a name for themselves in the world of fashion.
How to Hang Ornaments From the Ceiling
There is no reason why your holiday decorations should be confined to your Christmas tree and the walls of your home when it is time to decorate for the holidays. Make the upper half of your home equally as festive as the rest of your home by hanging your Christmas ornaments from the ceiling to bring attention upwards. To decorate your tree, you may choose from little decorations that you can place on the branches or huge ornaments that imitate light fixtures. Decorate your home with huge, glittering, or glass ornaments to reflect the light that comes in from your regular light fixtures or colorful holiday string lights, for a more festive atmosphere.
Fix decorations to a piece of fishing line to give the illusion of a floating ornament appearance around your residence. Simply thread the line through the hole in the ornament where you would normally place a tree hook and tie it off in a knot at the end.
Decorate each of the ornaments with ornamental ribbon if you want the decoration to continue all the way up to the ceiling from the ornaments to the ceiling. The width of the ribbon you may use for your ornament is determined by the size of the ornament as well as the size of the hole in the ornament’s top.
Using the ribbon or fishing line, cut the required length and then knot a little loop on the other end to complete the project. Tie a loop at the end of each ribbon strand if you want to leave a decorative ribbon spiral on the end of your ribbon strands.
Attaching the loop to a clear pushpin and driving the pin into the ceiling is the final step. Pushpins are great for decorations that are lightweight since bigger ornaments may pull the pin out of the ceiling if it is too heavy.
Then, using a pin to press through the ribbon, allowing enough room for a spiral, push the pin and ribbon into the ceiling.
Curl the tail of the ribbon around a marker or bottle to make a spiral that will hang from the ceiling from the top of the spiral. Depending on the size of the spiral you want to create, you can choose a smaller or larger item.
Ceiling screw hooks should be screwed into the ceiling where you want to hang the decorations, and the ribbon or fishing line loops should be threaded through the hooks. When hanging heavier decorations from the ceiling, ceiling screw hooks are the ideal option since the threads offer a more secure hold in the ceiling. However, they will leave a wider hole in the ceiling than pushpins.
If you are concerned that the ribbon may come loose from the ceiling hook, use eyelet screws. Large ribbons work well with eyelet screws that are nearly entirely closed (see illustration).
If you are concerned that the ribbon may come undone from a ceiling hook, use eyelet screws to secure it. Large ribbon works well with eyelet screws that are almost entirely closed.
Amazon.com : ceiling decorations hanging
At checkout, a ten percent discount is applied. With the voucher, you may save 10%. Customer ratings and star ratings are used to determine how highly regarded a product or service is.
- At the time of purchase, a $1.00 coupon is applied. Save $1.00 when you use the coupon
- A 20 percent discount is applied at checkout. With the coupon, you may save 20%.
Sketch was used to create this design. Sponsored You may get it as soon as Monday, February 21 for $8.20 delivery. At checkout, a ten percent discount is applied. With the voucher, you may save 10%. Ships to the Netherlands are available. Only 6 of these items are left in stock – purchase soon. Ships to the Netherlands are available. There are only 4 left in stock, so act quickly.
Ships to the Netherlands are available. Only 15 of these items are left in stock – purchase soon. Ships to the Netherlands are available. Only 11 of these items are left in stock – purchase soon. A 7% discount is applied at the time of purchase. With the coupon, you may save 7 percent.
Vidal Crafts 20 PCS Dusty Pink, Rose Gold, Ivory, Pastel Grey, Tissue Paper Pom Poms Kit, 14″, 10″, 8″, 6″, Tissue Paper Flowers for Wedding, Birthday, Bridal Shower, Bachelorette, Baby Shower Décor
Sketch was used to create this image. Sponsored Shipping is $8.20 and you may get it as soon as Monday, February 21! Discount applied at the point of purchase. With this voucher, you may save 10%. Netherlands is a destination for shipments Please place your purchase as soon as possible since there are only 6 remaining! Netherlands is a destination for shipments Please place your purchase as soon as possible. Netherlands is a destination for shipments Please place your purchase as soon as possible since there are only 15 remaining!
Applying a 7% discount code at the time of purchase With the coupon, you may save 7%.
Decorating Hang-Ups: Suspending Decor in the Air
When it comes to decorating, I have a lot of reservations – but in a positive way. As you can see, I enjoy suspending stuff from the ceiling. And I’m not referring to chandeliers or mobiles in particular. Delicate things hung in large groups, such as feathers over a bed, silk rose petals above the aisle at a wedding, or hundreds of gold pingpong balls above a Thanksgiving table, appeal to me more than individual pieces. While these hanging decorations are normally put for a certain event or holiday, I’ve been known to leave them up permanently for a variety of purposes.
- It is, in my opinion, the last frontier in terms of interior design.
- Nonetheless, the airspace above our heads is rich decorative real estate that is only sometimes exploited.
- My method of hanging is really straightforward.
- The thread I use is for the lighter parts, such as rose petals, and the monofilament is for the bigger items.
- Unless the item I’m hanging is really lightweight, poster putty will suffice.
- When I’m hanging anything heavy that I want to be certain will not fall, I use ceiling eye-hook screws to keep it from falling.
- My aim is that you will be motivated to address a few of your own “issues” as a result of this article.
Instead of placing your flowers on the table, you may hang them above it.
In the hopes that your dinner party would have concluded by then.) Of course, you may also use fake flowers in your arrangements.
Storm of rose petals Silk rose petals are perhaps the most often displayed item in my home.
I’ve used this effect for romantic dinners for two, as well as weddings and other special events, and it works beautifully.
I strung three to six petals per strand and spaced them apart before gluing the spot where the petals came into contact with thread.
To see how I hung rose petals during my niece’s wedding, clickhere.
I strung them together with monofilament and screwed them to the ceiling using eye-hook screws to keep them in place.
Aside from that, I’ve utilized the hanging globes as a constantly changing display, putting different things within each globe depending on the season.
After four days of painstakingly painting each individual pingpong ball, I strung them together with a needle and thread, evenly spacing them out.
After that, I put a dab of glue to the contact sites where the balls came into contact with the thread to ensure that the balls stayed in place.
They remained up until the end of December, and I’ve saved all of the pingpong ball strands in case I want to recreate the look in the future.
When I created a bedroom for the Designer Showcase at Greystone Mansion some years ago, I assumed the showstopper would be an illuminated headboard I had constructed that displayed a portrait of an angel lounging by the pool.
After all, it was around $3,000 in total.
Using cheap thread and poster putty, I had hung a halo of feathers from the ceiling, and it was this tiny surprise decorative touch, which cost only $10, that drew everyone’s attention. More photos of my room for the Greystone Mansion display may be found by clickinghere.
What Can I Hang From My Ceiling? (13 Smart Ideas)
*Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click on one of our links and make a purchase, we will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. For additional information, please see our disclosure statement. I was looking around my room the other day, trying to come up with some ideas for how to make it appear more appealing. There’s only so many items you can hang on your bedroom walls before the area starts to seem cluttered, but then I recalled seeing this amazing concept of hanging stuff from your ceiling, which I had to try out immediately.
You may hang many different items from your ceiling, some of which are seen below: a hanging pot plant, terrariums in elegant globes, wreaths, a crystal chandelier, a statement lamp, beaded wall dividers, and more innovative ideas such as hanging a canopy or even a hammock.
I’ve put together this guide to share with you what I’ve learned while researching things to hang from your ceiling.
Things To Hang From Your Room Ceiling
A pot plant is the most straightforward and least expensive object you can hang from your ceiling. It’s also one that will instantly brighten up the overall look of the area. For those who don’t want to spend the time caring for and keeping genuine plants, a faux plant is an option; nevertheless, using live plants would be much more pleasing to the eye in the long run, however they may necessitate a little extra care from you on occasion. A hanging pot plant is also not difficult to set up and take care of.
2. Terrariums in globes
This is a concept that I’ve seen a lot of times on Pinterest and I think it’s really lovely. Alternatively, you may purchase glass globes, a container, or transparent round pots and set a terrarium in each of these containers. Then find a string that is strong enough to support the weight and connect it to the ceiling so that it hangs down. Make at least a couple of these terrariums in globes, and you may alter the length of each globe to create a visually attractive arrangement.
When designing your room’s dcor, consider using a canopy made of white chiffon material to create a fantasy atmosphere. To make the canopy more aesthetically appealing, wrap a garland of imitation leaves across the top of it to complete the look.
A hammock cannot be hung from the ceiling technically, but I added this alternative since it would make your area more distinctive. Installing a hammock in your room is a good idea if you have the resources and accessible space.
In accordance with the general style of your home design, you can choose between a string hammock and a patterned hammock. However, if you are looking to create a tiny place in your room where you can rest and decompress, then a hammock may be a wonderful purchase for you to consider.
5. Wreath or Ball of Faux Flowers
Technically, you are not allowed to hang a hammock from your ceiling, but I added this option since it will make your place more interesting. Installing a hammock in your room is a good idea if you have the resources and room in your house. In order to match the general style of your home design, you may choose between a string hammock and a patterned hammock. However, if you are looking to create a tiny spot in your room where you can rest and unwind, then a hammock may be a wonderful investment for you to consider purchasing.
6. Paper birds On A String
If you thought the last choice seemed interesting, you’ll most likely appreciate this one as well. Have you ever tried your hand at origami? In this option, you’ll fold a few paper birds and tie a thread around their necks, being sure to leave a gap between each bird on the string. Produce a handful of these multicolored bird garlands and hang them from your ceiling to create a stunningly vibrant impression.
7. Statement Lamp
Every room requires at least one decorative light to brighten the space and set the tone for a certain atmosphere and sensation. Choose a statement lamp that stands out to you the most and hang it from the ceiling to complete the look. Also, choose a location in your home to place this statement lamp, whether it’s above your bed or in the middle of the room. It will perform a fantastic job of making your room dcor appear amazing without requiring you to put in any more work.
8. Mason Light Fixture
Mason jars have been popular for a long time and will continue to be popular in the future. Having said that, have you ever seen mason jar light fixtures before? With its rich intricacy, this basic décor piece may quickly transform your area into something fashionable and elegant. You may get these mason jar fittings by visiting this website. There’s also a simple tutorial on how to create a mason jar light fixture over here: Make a Mason Jar Light Fixture
9. String Lights
Using fairy lights is a simple and inexpensive way to make a big difference. You may hang them directly from your ceiling to a wall or to something else if you choose. In the event that you don’t have anything else to hang in your room, or if you simply want to give a pleasant atmosphere to your space, string lights are an excellent option. See also: What Should I Hang on the Walls of My Bedroom?
This one may seem over the top, but it has the potential to improve the appearance of a space provided it is not already congested in any manner. If your bedroom is sparsely furnished with only a few decorative accents, installing a beautiful chandelier is the most effective method to quickly transform the space. Despite the fact that chandeliers may be ostentatious in their design, there are a few that are more straightforward. According to the type of chandelier you desire, you should be on the lookout for them.
11. A Floating Nightstand
I recently came across this idea while looking for nightstands, and it is one that you can make yourself or purchase from Amazon.Get this floating nightstand from AmazonIf you don’t want an ordinary nightstand, this one is definitely unique and stunning.See also:What Should Be on a Nightstand?
Get this floating nightstand from AmazonIf you don’t want an ordinary nightstand, this one is definitely unique and stunning. (Eleven Brilliant Concepts)
12. Beaded Wall Dividers
It is feasible to split a large room into several smaller sections with a beaded wall divider. It is possible to hang them from the ceiling, depending on the size of the space that has to be divided. The usage of this method is particularly advantageous if you’re sharing a room with someone else but want to keep your own area distinct to maintain a tiny sense of privacy.
13. Wind Chime
The final thing you might attempt is to hang a wind chime from the ceiling. It’s preferable to hang it near a window so that when the wind or a breeze blows through it, it will produce a lovely noise for you. It is possible to purchase wind chimes that do not create any noise, but they are excellent options if you want to add something tiny to your bedroom decor that will change things up and will not cost a lot of money.
There are a variety of items that may be hung from the ceiling to enhance the appearance and feel of your space. By simply incorporating one or two of the suggestions given above, you may transform the look of your space in surprising ways. Of course, including all of these objects would be excessive, but just a handful of them would suffice to get the desired result. A couple of these ideas can also be combined, such as hanging pot plants with a hammock, or string lights with terrarium globes.
Posts related to this one: What is the best way to decorate the ceiling of my bedroom?
Aside from a wreath, what else can I hang on my front door?
21 Ridiculously Clever Ways To Decorate Your Ceiling
Put an end to your disregard for the fifth wall. We hope you enjoy the things we have selected for you! Our editors chose each and every one of them on the basis of their own judgment. Just so you’re aware, if you decide to purchase via one of the links on this page, BuzzFeed may receive a portion of the sales or other compensation. Oh, and just so you know, the prices are correct and the things are in stock at the time of writing. Jenny Chang is a contributor to BuzzFeed News.
1.Drape atapestryover your bed to turn the fifth wall into a focal point.
Thegatheredhome.com The Gathered Home has the complete project specifics, which you can find here. For $19, you can get a 100-pack of metal thumbtacks from Amazon.
10.Or alternatively, opt for somedome 3D starsbecause the future is now, sheeple.
Americantinceilings.com For $10, you can get a 2’x2′ snap-lock tile from American Tin Ceilings (available in a variety of patterns, finishes).
18.Create a dazzling look with acurtain of string lightsthat’ll make it preeeeetty easy to get the spacing just right.
Questions and answers received from San Francisco on November 6, 2008. We have ornamental butterflies hanging from my daughter’s ceiling, and the only thing that works is white or clear thumbtacks, much like the others have said above. Just be sure you knot the fishing line around the tumbtack nice and tightly before placing it up there – attempting to push the tumbtack THROUGH the fishing line will not yield results. LOL.
Answers from San Francisco, California, on November 6, 2008. We have ornamental butterflies hanging from my daughter’s ceiling, and the only thing that works is white or clear thumbtacks, much like the others have said before me.
Just be sure you knot the fishing line around the tumbtack neatly and tightly before inserting it up there – attempting to push the tumbtack THROUGH the fishing line will not succeed. LOL.
Answers from Sacramento, California, on November 07, 2008. Hello, A. I once used fishing line to suspend a big stuffed unicorn from the ceiling. I used very little hooks that were white in color (the same as the ceiling) and could not be seen at all. Best of luck.
On the 7th of November, 2008, responses from San Francisco Hello, A. Can you tell me where I might be able to get anything similar to this? It sounds like your butterflies and fairies would be a wonderful addition to my two-year-old daughter’s nursery, which I am going to redecorate. Thank you very much – K.
Posted on November 7, 2008 by Fresno State University Make use of white tacs. My buddy does this every Christmas, hanging snowflakes from the ceilings all throughout the house.
On the 14th of March, 2010, Indianapolis provided responses. I’m in desperate need of your assistance. Fairies to hang on my walls, but I’m having difficulties locating them. Where do you locate yours? N. D., please respond quickly.
On the 7th of November, 2008, responses from San Francisco My 80-year-old mother-in-law gave me this a long time ago, and I’m not sure who suggested it to me. Straight pins should be used (from your sewing kit). I used the ones with flat heads and the ones with little white ball caps, which were both available at the time. Gently push it into the ceiling with your fingers. I would either stick mine at an angle or gently bend the end of it. Using the fishing line, make a little loop at the end and hang it from the pin.
Every year, I do this to put snowflakes on the tree for Christmas.
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and parent.
On the 7th of November, 2008, responses from San Francisco Hello, A. Could you please tell me where you got the butterflies and fairies? Thanks. If I could obtain some for my daughters’ nursery, it would be fantastic. I’ve been on the lookout for them. Please contact me at _.com if you have any questions. Thanks C.
On the 7th of November, 2008, responses from San Francisco My daughter is currently enrolled in college. It is common for college students to enjoy hanging stuff from the ceiling, and she and her roommates are no exception. The use of nails or tacks on their white walls and ceilings is prohibited due to the marks and holes that they leave behind. Removable hooks and stickers are made by 3M, according to the package (which is red and yellow). These are just great! They have these little transparent hooks that would be great for holding the fishing line, and they are easy to remove if you wish to relocate them later on in the process.
It’s also possible to place the larger hooks on the wall for things like light coats and other small items.
The places where I’ve seen these include Target and Michael’s, and they’re generally on an endcap or near the tape and hooks. This appears to be exactly what you are looking for. Wishing you the best of luck!
On November 8, 2008, Sacramento provided responses to our questions. A. You may go to a hardware store or Walmart and get the small white screw-in cup hooks that are available. Depending on whether your ceilings are textured or not, you may need to create a small hole in them with an awl, an icepick, or something similar to do this. It’s possible that you’ll be able to screw them in after all. They will be scarcely visible if at all until your fishing line is attached to them. That’s one approach.
On the 7th of November, 2008, responses from San Francisco Please include the name of the store from which you acquired the decorations as well. In their room, my girls have butterflies and ladybugs, but there isn’t much more, and I think they would appreciate anything hanging from the ceiling. Thanks. .com I really like the concept of utilizing the pins; even if they were visible, I think they would appear to be small specks of silver glitter on the ceiling, which I think is a nice effect.
On the 7th of November, 2008, responses from San Francisco Hello, I have a butterfly kit that I used to hang the butterflies from the ceiling, however the package came with double adhesive foam squares, which I didn’t like. They blend in with the ceiling and do not adhere to the ceiling too strongly when you are ready to take them down. If you didn’t get any with the kit, you should be able to pick some up at Michael’s or Joann’s crafts stores at a reasonable price. Wishing you the best of luck Kim
Answers from Sacramento, California, on November 07, 2008. Hello, A. Push pins or thumb tacks in clear or white might be used to hang the butterflies from the ceiling, if desired. They would be virtually indistinguishable from the general population in this manner. Have a wonderful day. G. H. is an abbreviation for G. H. (Country Essence)
Chico responded on November 7, 2008 with his thoughts. It may be necessary to utilize the old-fashioned push pins that have a white button appearance, depending on how hefty they are.
On the 7th of November, 2008, responses from San Francisco Thumb tacks that are flat and white.
How do you hang Christmas decorations without a damaging ceiling?
Use whatever you can think of to hoist the decorations up, such as lamp fixtures, cabinet doors, or the mantle piece. Tie the thread or ribbon around the ornaments and tie it off. Twine and transparent fishing line are equally effective for this purpose, however they may not be as visually appealing. How to Hang Things on Your Walls Without Ruining Them
- Make use of hooks that have a specific adhesive
- Locate some unusual ornamental tape
- Clothespins may be used to hang your artwork. Putty may be used to hang your favorite pieces of artwork. Make use of a wired display
- Decorating using decals is a good idea. Make use of magnetic paint. Greetings, Management
Additionally, how can you keep Garland from jumping off a stairwell? Make a note of the length of yourbanister and pick between a 12′ or 20′ garland – you will need a garland that is longer than the length of yourbanister.
Wrap one zip tie around both the garland and the railing at the foot of the stairwell from one end to the other. Tighten the zip tie to ensure that it is properly fastened in position. Consequently, how can you safely suspend a mobile from the ceiling without destroying it?
- Apply all-purpose cleanser on a cloth or paper towel and blot dry. Take the ladder up to the ceiling and clean the approximate location on the ceiling where you’d want to hang the object
- Climb back up the ladder and connect a non-damaging adhesive hook to the textured ceiling, or a suction cup with a hook that is specifically meant for ceiling usage, to the ceiling texture.
What is the best way to put a garland on a door without using nails? Method 2: How to Hang a Garland Without Ruining the Door
- Hang the garland with detachable adhesive hooks to avoid leaving marks on the wall. To make a reusable alternative, attach a doorway garland hanger to the doorframe. Attach an upside-down adhesive hook to the rear of the door to keep the hook hidden from view.